Job Description : The INTRO project (INTeractive RObotics Research Network) is offering 8 PhD student positions in different areas of Interactive Robotics:
• Learning from Demonstration and Imitation
• Emotional interaction
• Learning inspired by cognitive psychology
• Intelligent interface design
• Behaviour and intention recognition for human-robot learning
• Dynamic gesture analysis
• Robot safety and interaction
• Failure detection and recovery
INTRO is funded by the European Commission as part of the FP7 program and involves 6 partners:
– Umeå University, Sweden
– Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
– Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
– Space Applications Services, Belgium
– Robosoft, France
– University of the West of England, UK
Each position has to be applied for separately.
Common closing date for all applications: 15th of April 2010.
Anticipated start date: 1st of September 2010 or earlier.
Job Homepage : http://introbotics.eu/
Contact address : Umeå University
901 87 Umeå