Criteria Hong Leong Foundation is now accepting applications for tertiary education scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to qualified Malaysian students for pursuing full-time Undergraduate Studies (1st degree course) and Diploma Courses tenable at recognised public and private universities and colleges in Malaysia.
Those pursuing Foundation, Pre-U and Matriculation courses will not be considered.
* Aged 17 to 25 years old
* Displays outstanding leadership qualities matched by notable participation in extra-curricular activities like societies and clubs, sports, etc.
* Should not be currently or expecting to be receiving any form of financial aid (including scholarship and loan) or is bonded by any educational institution or organisation
* Has obtained or awaiting an offer from any of the recognised educational institutions
* Proficient in the English language (both oral and written)
* SPM of at least 6As and 2 passes for a minimum of 8 subjects
* STPM of at least 3As and a pass in the General Paper
* UEC of at least 5As
* CGPA of at least 3.5 for Diploma, Matriculation, Foundation or Pre-U. Please convert your scoring to CGPA when applying
* Undergraduate studies at local public universities at RM7,000 p.a.
* Undergraduate studies at local private institutions (“3+0” twinning programmes on a full-time and on-campus basis) at up to RM20,000 p.a.
* Diploma / Advanced Diploma courses at RM5,000 p.a.
Final selection for the scholarship will be based on candidates’ merits and other criteria set by the Foundation. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview at our head office in Kuala Lumpur.
How To Apply To apply:
* Go to any Hong Leong Bank Berhad branch in Malaysia, during banking hours, and request for a copy of the Application Form
* Download the application form from http://hongleongfoundation.org/scholarship
* Send a self-addressed envelope with a 50-sen stamp to:
HONG LEONG FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Level 8, Wisma Hong Leong
18 Jalan Perak
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
* Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend the interview.
Deadline for submission is on 16 April 2010.