Beasiswa ADB (Asian Development Bank) - Japan Scholarship Program was established with financing from the Government of Japan to provide an opportunity for well qualified citizens of the Bank’s Developing Member Countries (DMCs) to undertake postgraduate studies which will assist the economic and social development of their countries at University of Sydney Australia.
Each scholarship covers full tuition fees, an allowance for books and instructional materials, a monthly living allowance, medical insurance and travel expenses. For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be applied to assist in field work and thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
Selection criteria for ADB - Japan Scholarship:
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second master’s degree or a second doctorate degree.
- Candidates who are applying in a participating academic institution in their own country may not be selected.
- Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each participating academic institution will be considered.
The scholarship period is one year. An appropriate extension for the second or third year of study is conditional on the scholar’s maintaining a satisfactory level of performance determined by the University of Sydney and following approval by the ADB. Competition for an ADB-JSP scholarship is extremely strong. Only candidates who receive an unconditional offer of admission will be considered for the ADB-JSP scholarship.
Application closing date for courses starting in March 2010 is 31 May 2009.
Application closing date for courses starting in July 2010 is 30 November 2009.
You can complete the Application Form by following the instructions on the form.
Please download the ADB-JSP application form.