Bank Dunia | The World Bank The Japan Indonesia Presidential Scholarship Program (JIPS) selection cycle 2009.
Deadline: 27 Februari 2009
In support of the Ministry of National Education’s mission to improve the quality of higher education and research, the Japan Indonesia Presidential Scholarship Program provides Indonesian researchers with the opportunity to persue PhD Studies at leading universities around the world. Funded by a grant from the government of Japan, the program supports studies in academic fields covered by ten Indonesian Centers of Excellence participating in the program:
- Bandung Institute of Technology (Biotechnology)
- Parahyangan Catholic University (Infrastucture and Urban Development; Small and Medium Enterprise Development)
- Institute of Agriculture Bogor (Bio-industry and Business; Bio-energy)
- Gadjah Mada University (Good Corporate Governance)
- Open University (Distance Learning)
- Indonesian Education University (Special Needs Education)
- University of Indonesia (Reproductive Helath; Economic Policy)
Who can apply?
Applicants must meet the following general criteria to be eligible for a scholarship:
- Be a national and resident of Indonesia
- Be under 45 years. Candidates born before January 1, 1965 will not be considered
- Must have completed and been awarded a master’s degree, or equivalent, at the time of application however, outstanding candidates with a bachelor degree can be considered for a Master-PhD track
- Have maintained a GPA of at least 3 on a scale of 4 in both undergraduate and graduate studies
Interested candidates are invited to visit the World Bank Scholarship Program website (www.worldbank.org/scholarships) copy paste in your browser for the program’s reqruitments and application procedure.
Download application form
For further information visit the website worldbank.org